Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Still standing

Wow.. Hey gang. I am sure most of you have gone on and forgotten about me (all 5 of you) , as it has been a while, but I have not forgotten about you. I have just been slammed crazy busy! I am really busy. Busy with what?

Well as I had mentioned in past posts I have been been working on a new film deal with Stage 9, and waiting to see if the green light goes up for that.
The Green light went up and I yelled "OH crap, What the hell do I do now!?"
So I got the big thumbs up from the studio and within 7 weeks of pre-production I was rolling in a mire of tasks. All this while still working my 9-5 job and family of 3 kids. It has been hectic to say the least and my wife takes the blunt of it.

The end result is that I wrapped my first week of shooting last week, and then continue to shoot till May 13. A total of 14 days making a huge scifi adventure on a shoestring budget.

So I shot 4 days last week, went back to work Monday-Wednesday, and then back to shooting Thursday-Sunday and then do it again till I am done! Then comes post (sigh)

But my cast and crew are amazing and as always I am blessed with some of the best people and talent.

You want to see some pics from the first week? OK.. why not.
The film I am shooting is a Scifi action thrilled that is 55mins long and will be distributed into 13 episodes via the web. It's a broadband released pilot. The film is titled "Trenches"
here are some shots from the first week:
TRENCHES FIRST DAY SHOOT - pictures courtesy: Stephen Lesnik

How did the first week go? wow it was rough, fun and challenging but rough. This is the hardest film I have ever attempted. I say attempted as I am not even sure I can pull this off, but I will give it my all guys and hope you like the end result. The film is slated to release October '07. If it is well received and liked by you, audiences and fans it could have the potential to be a new TV show or feature. For me .. one bridge at a time and you know I don't hold my breath on things like that. I just hope to do the best I can on this project and then see where it goes, but man it is tough. The scope and scale is enormous and the pay is gas money, that is why I have not quit my 9-5 job.. I still have to pay the bills, but we are getting there.

Anyway, I have not forgotten you guys and I am still here (kind of, but holding on) and I will try and keep you updated. There is not an official website for the film yet (there is only so much I can do and I am working on it) but as soon as I have one up, you can be sure I will share it with you. Wish me luck, send me your blessings, and if you see me walking by on the street run me over and put me out of my misery :)
IN OTHER NEWS
I will be in LA for the 30 year special Star Wars celebration event as a guest. So I hope to see you guys there and you can check out the event here: STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV
the biggest Star Wars party ever held. Hope to see you there!

8 comments:

David Kirlew said...

Congrats Shane. Been reading your blogs for some time now. Can't wait to see it.

Pete Bauer said...

I think there is more than five of us out here that drop by on occasion :)

Congrats on the new shoot. That's an amazing schedule you're keeping. The sacrifice is short, but the rewards, I hope, will last a long time.

L said...

Good luck, Shane. I wish you all the best. And I'm glad you're getting to L.A.

You're getting everything you deserve.

Audra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

"Pete Bauer said...

I think there is more than five of us out here that drop by on occasion :)"

Haha! There are 6 of us! See! you t thought you had a small following! Geez.. look what you know!

Great job Shane! From getting to know you on these posts, I know that when there is a long pause between posts, you have something going on! I just know to wait it out and be amazed.

Your humility is overwhelming at time as you are a very talented filmmaker. I defiantly cannot wait for the shorts to come out, and I will follow them to as long as the ride take you, my friend!

GL!

--Chad

Master Zap said...

Seven! Seven gosh darn it!

/Z