Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Fan Film 5-25-77


I came across this new Star Wars fan film, thanks to theforce.net, and I have to say I am very excited about this new production. Excited enough that I wanted to share it with you and get this new film some exposure, as it looks brilliant.

The film is called 5-25-77, a "comedy/drama that follows the life of a geeky teenager around the 1977 debut of Star Wars: A New Hope. Several big names in film have been attached to the project, including Gary Kurtz, producer of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, John Knoll, visual effects supervisor for Revenge of the Sith, and Fred Roos, producer of Lost in Translation."

I love what this film is doing and taking Star Wars fan films to higher levels. I wouldn't even consider this a fan film really as it looks to damn good and has some really big names associated with it, so really 5-25-77 takes Fan Films more into a mainstream. That is excellent!
Check out the trailer that they released and see what you think.. Myself I am very jazzed and thrilled with this film. DOWNLOAD THE 5-25-77 TRAILER HERE

No comments: